Wednesday 11 June 2014

The Red Tent

There is a wonderful book called the Red Tent. It is about women in the middle east in ancient times, and how they dealt with the time of month. They all enter the red tent, and support each other during that time of month. It has been years since I read the book, but I wish I could track down a copy. Right now, I would love to be in a red tent, being able to hide from the world and the reality that I am not pregnant again. This TWW was one of the worst.

So what does that mean. Well I am about to embark on the crazy IVF rollercoaster. After hitting 36, it seems my body does not want to cooperate. There are positives. If we get enough embryos, we should have some frozen to try again, if it doesn't work. Or if it does, we may have some frozen for use later on. But financially it is going to be a huge hit. So I will be sharing all things IVF, especially here in Australia.

I want to feel excited, but I am so disappointed.
9 IUIs
2 pregnancy
1 amazing son
1 miracle little angel
4.5 months of waiting to find out
135 injections or there about
9 months of treatment
nearly $7500 already spent on treatments (not counting costs of a pregnancy, loss, and scans - that would make it well over the $10,000 mark).

Now onto IVF - which will double that budget quite quickly. Thankfully we get some money back, and my family have offered to help out. My Aunt went through it - so I have my family to fall onto.


1 comment:

  1. I'm so sorry.

    Hoping and praying that IVF is easy and successful!

    ReplyDelete