Wednesday 31 July 2013

Post miscarriage - things I am thankful for

In the world of infertility and loss that I find myself, I hear stories of other women and how they are coping or not coping. So I want to write a list of thanks.

I am thankful that I have had a healthy pregnancy and have the joys and love of my son. I am well too aware of those that have no children in their arms, just in heaven.

I am thankful I have got pregnant twice through IUI - and in short timeframes.

I am thankful I have a body that has a uterus capable of holding a pregnancy, and that I can try again.

I am thankful my depression has not overtaken me with the loss of this child.

I am thankful for an amazing and supportive husband, and the smiles he brings to my life.

I am thankful for the smiles I get from my son - who reminds me no child wants to see a parent sad - not even those in heaven.

I am thankful, that although life can be hard, it can also be amazingly good.

I am thankful for my friends - the ones that know - the ones that support.

I am thankful to my family, for caring as much about the loss of this child as I have.

Some days you just need to remind yourself and be thankful.

No comments:

Post a Comment