Thursday 2 January 2014

Dealing with a due date that will never happen.

In just under two weeks, it will be my due date. Exactly 40 weeks since I had my IUI which resulted in my pregnancy. It is a very emotional time. I find myself crying again and feeling the loss all over again. My friends babies are coming due, and it is tough. Everytime I see a baby I just want to hold it and love it - like I would have mine.

On top of that I am lactating. I have no idea why - I don't think I ever dried up from when my son weened, but I can feel small letdowns happening, which is why I realised I was still lactating. Almost like my body knows this is the time I should have had the baby - or it is a result of my last cycle. I don't know.

At any rate, I am glad that I will be spending the week before our due date with my family on a family road trip. I am hoping getting past this time will allow me to really move forward. I hope I don't start seeing every year as a potential birthday - in many ways I really would like to just step forward into a fresh year with fresh hope.

How do others cope? I know I am not coping brilliantly, I am eating poorly and putting on weight, and exhausted, and dreaming like a mad woman. This grief process has been so long. I have good and bad days, but it is 2014, the final part of this journey of loss. Hopefully the next part of my journey is full of rainbows...

Happy new year to you all though :) I did get to enjoy it with my family - but I got a lot of questions from a pregnant friend about what happened in my life (I told them it involved some losses but that was it). That did not help - I know she meant the best, but people are so nosey. Still my son was so much fun, and I loved seeing him up and playing and having a wonderful time. He is my world! Both our kids are, one is blood the other through marriage, but both bring so much joy... that is what I need to focus on.

2 comments:

  1. I lit a candle in honor of our angel on his should be due date. It helped me to see the glow of the candle light up the room. Many hugs to you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there! I'm a new follower on your blog :).
    Our angel baby would be turning 1 in April. I know how you feel, losing a baby during pregnancy is so difficult! I'm starting to blog about my miscarriage and infertility on my blog. If you get a chance, you should check it out. -Char
    http://www.lifesbettertogether.com/

    ReplyDelete