Tuesday 29 October 2013

Major stress! Major changes!!

As most of you who have been reading along know, I have not been happy at my job. I have stuck around for the pay and the maternity leave. But as of yesterday that has all changed. I was only given a 3 month contract, with some ridiculous comments on why. There is a chance it may be renewed - but I have a feeling if I was pregnant, that won't happen. Funding is there - so I am not sure what she is playing at (I have theories, but I don't think it is wise to share on here!).

At any rate - after the major stress of how we are going to live, a few things happened.

That genetic counselling course? Submitted my application! I was going to wait a year, but now I see no reason not to.
New job? Found three to apply for - two of which I am excited about. The fact I am finding jobs makes me hopeful.
Dear husband? Rebuilding his work porfolio.

Baby plans - will NOT be on hold. I think the saddest thing would be us not trying due to this. I may not get the same maternity benefits, I may be studying, and life will be hard, but I have never been one to shy away from it all.

Now I just have to work out how to not completely disconnect from this job (unlike my office buddy who said she wouldn't come back! Onya babe! You will be amazing!!!)


1 comment:

  1. Wishing you the best for the future!! I am sorry things are stressful right now. Hope you get one of the two jobs you are excited about!

    ReplyDelete