Monday 3 February 2014

Day 53

So what is day 53 you may ask? It was the last day of my cycle. I have not had a period since I did my last IUI. Nature's cruel little joke to remind me how bad my body can be. 53 effing days I have been waiting - and when it does show up boy is she cruel this month. Pain, lots of blood loss, tiredness - she brought it all in force.

PCOS is commonly diagnosed through lack of menstruation. I am use to it, but before and since I had my son my body went into a nice rhythm. My cycles might have been a little longer, but they happened every month. Since my miscarriage that has all gone to hell. I have no idea why - maybe the stress, maybe my body doesn't know how to cope, maybe my PCOS is back with a vengeance. I don't know. My fertility nurse was surprised when I called to say AF was here, and it was the first one I had since I saw her.

The good news is we can try for IUI #7. I go in for my first scan tomorrow. Then injectables. I have a feeling my dosage will be upped. I just want my body to play nice...  I know how much I want another child, I am just not sure how strong I am to keep cycling. I just pray I get a better response - but even on it's own my body is not playing nice. But if I don't try there won't be any chance. So here we go again!

1 comment:

  1. So happy AF is finally here, but how miserable it sounds! I'm sending up lots of prayers for you that this cycle is the one that works to give your little boy the chance to finally be a big brother!

    ReplyDelete