Sunday 8 September 2013

FINALLY!!

When you battle PCOS/infertility AF (your period/the witch etc) is a constant battle. You either do not want her around, or she just does not turn up!

For me it has been the latter. I have had strange things happen to me - and tomorrow marks 8 weeks since my d&c. I was hoping my detox would work, and AF would come back by 6 weeks. Nope. Instead I got spotting and heaps of other discharge at 4 weeks that confused me.

7 weeks. Nope

8 weeks - YES!!! I finally got AF a few days ago. It started with light spotting that came and went, but developed into full blown AF.

Now why am I sharing this with you - because I have PCOS. Because being regular is not something I take for granted. No AF, no trying again. I was so bloated I look pregnant, I felt I was full of fluid and would have to go to a doctor, I just wanted my body back.

I went on iron supplements, got acupuncture, and four days later she arrived (and boy has she let me know she is back!).

I feel I can close a chapter on my life and now really look forward with hope. PCOS is still not besting me, and I was able to get AF without medical help.

I am also finally seeing the result of my detox with the bloating subsiding. I have a flat stomach again (well as flat as someone who has been pregnant before!), into my jeans with no problems, and not having a stomach hanging over onto my legs (I hate that feeling!). Yay AF!

Now one more cycle and we can jump back on the TTC wagon - which will be after we get back from  holidays. This battle is a small one, but you can never take anything for granted, not even regular cycles. One stop forward :)

No comments:

Post a Comment