Thursday 21 November 2013

Cycling is rough... so so rough...

I went in this morning for my follicle check. Pretty much it is an ultrasound to confirm how large and how many you have. You want to see no more than 3 follicles at least 13mm or larger to organise an IUI. Today, at CD12, I had one at 10mm. One. 10mm. at CD12. Most women have their natural surges and ovulate at CD14 (with much larger follicles at around 20mm). I at CD12, with medication am not even halfway there. I have noticed since the miscarriage that I am having long cycles. I have only got pregnant on cycles where we did the IUI around CD15. This won't happen this time, and I am feeling very hopeless. There is evidence the longer the cycle, the worse your egg quality.

On the way home. I cried. I should be getting ready to welcome our new arrival into out home, I should be feeling her kicks and I shouldn't have to be going through this again. needles, scans, inseminations.. argh.. Maybe my head is not quite in the right place, maybe it is just the hormones but I feel like giving up. Why can't I just do it the old fashioned way and have a body that works. Don't get me wrong, I know how lucky I am, when I got home I told my son he was my little miracle. It just seems much harder this time around.

Just waiting to see what the blood results say, and if I will up my meds :(

Sorry for the feeling hopeless post... I try my best, and I know I have another baby in my future... I am just not sure it is this time...

2 comments:

  1. (((Hugs)))) I know cycling is hard!! Thinking of you & sending positive thoughts that this could still be the cycle!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry this cycle isn't going well. Cycling is SO hard! I'm so envious of all those who get their BFPs without even knowing what a BFP means, because it's come so easy to them.

    ReplyDelete