Thursday 19 March 2015

Not the news I was hoping for.

***please note: this post was written some time ago and a number of posts will appear to update you all. for those of you who know me personally, please wait for the posts over the next few days which will explain what has happened. I don't want any contact about this right now, for various reasons. thanks! Sorry if this sounds ominous - I do appreciate all comments and posts on here! As you will see from this post - things have not been straightforward, but all will come clear and why I have this as a header! *** 

The title of this blog is what my husband said to me after we saw my doctor. Pretty much I was told that the baby was measuring a little small (the sonographer didn't mention this to me, she actually said it measured fine). 3 days behind to be exact. He did another scan, and thankfully there is still a heart beating away. He measured the baby, and although it is falling within the average it is falling on the small side. What he has told me is it could go either way at this point, he won't be able to tell me for a few more weeks. Given my history I am at high risk. I have to be monitored weekly, and I go in for another scan and to see him again next week. He is also not booking me in for anymore tests, or hospitals etc.

So to catch up, I am 7 weeks 1 day, and have no idea what is going to happen. I am tempted to start posting these so I can hear your stories, but as there are a few people that know me who read this blog, I have been reluctant. For now I am going with my old adage of focus on what is going right. 1. We have a heartbeat (and I was told it was a good heartbeart). 2. The baby has grown, even if it is small. 3. There is no bleeding. I have read lots of very hopeful stories, and I know my last pregnancy measured spot on and I still lost it. So anything can happen. It is just very stressful and hard to cope with.

No comments:

Post a Comment